Report Lost Card

Intended Use

The UC Merced CatCard is a multi-service identification card for individuals who are affiliated with the University of California, Merced. It is designed to make daily business activity and access on campus more versatile, while keeping your data more secure.

CatCard Photos

Hats, sunglasses and other obstructive objects are not allowed in CatCard photos.

Active Cards

You may only obtain one active card at any given time.

Replacement Cards

Students, faculty and staff receive their first CatCard at no charge. University affiliates must pay a $20 fee for their first CatCard, and can arrange with their sponsoring department to recharge the $20 to that department. Anyone who needs to obtain a replacement CatCard, where the existing card is lost, stolen, damaged, faulty, or if you have changed your name, must pay a $20 fee. You can get your replacement card by visiting the CatCard Office during business hours.

Payment Methods:

  1. Cashier's Office - Located next to the Students First Center in the library. Cash or check are accepted.
  2. Online - Visit and log in using your credentials. Under the "Faculty/Staff" or "Students" tab, click "Pay for lost/stolen CatCard." Pay using your credit card or by adding the transaction to your student bill.
  3. CatDollars - Visit the CatCard Office if you would like to pay using your CatDollars plan.

Affiliate Cards

Departments can obtain an affiliate UC Merced Catcard ID for partnering vendors and contractors whose businesses require frequent access to campus buildings. Affiliate Catcard IDs are available as a courtesy to university vendors and contractors, and campus visitors are also eligible for affiliate cards. Affiliate cardholders cannot obtain affiliate cards for anyone else. All affiliate cards have a maximum expiration date of one year after the card issue date, and they must be renewed annually in order to confirm the continuing eligibility of the cardholder and their sponsor. The cost of an affiliate Catcard ID is $20.

Request an affiliate UC Merced CatCard ID.

Lost/Stolen CatCard or Catcard Reactivation

If your CatCard is lost or stolen, it is your responsibility to report it immediately. Your CatCard can be deactivated immediately, blocking the unauthorized use of your CatDollars funds, dining meal plan funds and building access by visiting ePay and selecting "Manage My CatCard." Report your lost or stolen CatCard  by emailing or calling the CatCard Office at 209-228-2228 during business hours 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.

If you find your CatCard, please visit the CatCard Office to reactivate your card. Please remember to bring your valid, government-issued photo ID to reactivate your CatCard. (Either your U.S. driver's license issued by DMV, U.S. identification card issued by DMV, Permanent Resident/U.S. Department of Homeland Security/U.S. green card, passport or U.S. Military identification card. Note: Any identification card or passport stamped "Void" isnot acceptable per Homeland Security.)

If you find a lost CatCard, please return it to the CatCard Office or to the lost and found located at the UC Merced Police Department.

Card Abuse

You are responsible for the use of your CatCard, and therefore, the security of your information and funds. Do not lend your card to others. Unauthorized use, or authorized use by a party other than the person identified on the card, will result in confiscation and possible disciplinary action by the university.

Name Change

If you change your name, you can get a CatCard issued with your new name for a $20 fee paid to the cashier's office. It takes five to seven business days for the CatCard system to update your new name.

Caring for Your CatCard

To ensure your CatCard continues to function properly, DO NOT:

  • punch holes in the card;
  • place the card on stereo equipment, computers or near any magnetic fields; or
  • carry the card in the area sorrounded by high voltage electricity.

Refund Request

Please download and fill out a refund request form to present to the Cat Card office.