Skip to content Skip to navigation
Division of Student Affairs

Report Lost/Deactivate Card and Replacement ID

Intended Use

The UC Merced CatCard is a multi-service identification card for individuals who are affiliated with the University of California, Merced. It is designed to make daily business activity and access on campus more versatile while keeping your data more secure.  You may only have one active CatCard ID at any given time.

Sign-up for CatCard MobileID for convenience

You can use MobileID as a companion app that allows you to pay for your meal and merchandise at selected dining locations across campus, add funds to your Cat Dollars, check your plan balances and recent transactions, manage your OZZI check-outs, DEACTIVATE LOST/STOLEN CatCard, use as a form of identification to ride CatTracks, and donate and request into iCare using your smart device. This new functionality will provide accessing campus card services more conveniently. For more information and to sign-up for MobileID, please visit

Lost/Stolen or Deactivation or Reactivation of CatCard ID

If your CatCard is lost or stolen, it is your responsibility to immediately report it. Your CatCard can be deactivated immediately, blocking the unauthorized use of your Cat Dollars account funds, meal plan funds, and building access.

To immediately deactivate your CatCard ID, please

  1. Use MobileID 
  2. Email us at 
  3. Or call our office at (209) 500-6464 during business hours 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday - Friday to report your lost or stolen CatCard. 

If you find your CatCard, please contact the CatCard Office by email at, to reactivate your card. Please remember to bring your valid, government-issued photo ID to reactivate your CatCard. (Either your U.S. driver's license issued by DMV, U.S. identification card issued by DMV, Permanent Resident/U.S. Department of Homeland Security/U.S. green card, passport, or U.S. Military identification card. Note: Any identification card or passport stamped "Void" is not acceptable per Homeland Security.)

If you find a lost CatCard, please return it to the CatCard Office or to the lost and found located at the UC Merced Police Department.

Replacement Cards

Students, faculty, and staff receive their first CatCard at no charge. University affiliates must pay a $20 fee for their first CatCard and can arrange with their sponsoring department to recharge the $20 to that department. Anyone who needs to obtain a replacement CatCard, where the existing card is lost, stolen, damaged, faulty, or if you have changed your name, must pay a $20 fee. You can get your replacement card by visiting the CatCard Office during business hours. Once you have paid for the replacement, please email us ( a copy (image) of your payment receipt along with your CatCard ID number. The CatCard office will print and prepare your ID.  You can pick up your replacement CatCard ID by visiting the CatCard office.  

If you like to update your CatCard ID photo with your replacement, uploading a new CatCard ID photo is as easy as 1, 2, 3! Click and visit our CatCard Online Photo or Selfie Submission to submit your photo. UCMNet ID is required to log in. You must provide your mailing address and upload a Government Issued ID or High School Student ID for verification. 

Payment Methods:

  1. Cashier's Office - Located at Administration Building Room 140. Cash or check is accepted.
  2. Online - Visit and log in using your credentials. Under the "Faculty/Staff" or "Students" tab, click "Pay for lost/stolen CatCard." Pay using your credit card or by adding the transaction to your student bill.

  3. Cat Dollars - Visit the Cashier's Office if you would like to pay using your Cat Dollars plan.

Affiliate Cards

Departments can obtain an affiliate UC Merced CatCard ID for partnering vendors and contractors whose businesses require frequent access to campus buildings. Affiliate CatCard IDs are available as a courtesy to university vendors and contractors, and campus visitors are also eligible for affiliate cards. Affiliate cardholders cannot obtain affiliate cards for anyone else. All affiliate cards have a maximum expiration date of one year after the card issue date, and they must be renewed annually in order to confirm the continuing eligibility of the cardholder and their sponsor. The cost of an affiliate CatCard ID is $20.

Request an affiliate UC Merced CatCard ID.

Card Abuse

You are responsible for the use of your CatCard, and therefore, the security of your information and funds. Do not lend your card to others. Unauthorized use, or authorized use by a party other than the person identified on the card, will result in confiscation and possible disciplinary action by the university.

Name Change

If you change your name, you can get a CatCard issued with your new name for a $20 fee paid to the cashier's office. It takes five to seven business days for the CatCard system to update your new name.

Caring for Your CatCard

To ensure your CatCard continues to function properly, DO NOT:

  • punch holes in the card
  • place the card on stereo equipment, computers, or near any magnetic fields
  • carry the card in the area surrounded by high voltage electricity